For anyone that has ever had anything waxed, it is in my experience, not very fun. It’s like ripping a million band aids off your skin for an extended period of time. Especially when it’s your bikini area. So, why do we go through all of this pain???
Well, in reference to your bikini area, I can think of a couple:
1. No fear of any hair showing in a bikini - Bikini waxes and Brazilian waxes get rid of any hair that might show while wearing your bikini, which can be very nice if you’re frolicking around poolside for an extended period of time.
2. Longer time in between with no hair - Because waxing removes the hair and its root, it takes longer to grow back than shaving. This means less weekly upkeep because the hair takes longer to grow back in.
3. A clean well groomed look - Shaving, especially doing it yourself, can often be uneven and patchy. With waxing you have nice clean lines, and the hair all grows back at an even rate, making for a very manicured look.
4. Your partner likes it - For some, the less hair the better, especially if your partner is spending an extended period of time down there. Everyone has their preference of course, but a lot of people like having clean and easy access and waxing definitely is the best way to achieve that.
However, there are a few downsides to getting waxed:
1. It’s painful - Like I said earlier, a million bandaids getting ripped off your very sensitive skin over and over and over again
2. It’s expensive - Depending on where you go to have your waxing done, it can range anywhere from $50 – $100 a visit. Multiply this by 12, since you have to get it done every 4 weeks to keep it up, and that can get really expensive!